Sunday, January 29, 2012

Perfect Nights

Yesterday Peter's school had an international festival. A good time was had by all. There was food and games from all over the world and then a nice talk was delivered by Melissa about a book called Nurture Shock. A very informative book and one I shall add to my "things to know before we have kids" list.

After our long day Peter and I decided we would make some dinner together. So we took an excursion to the far away but quite large grocery store Tony's Finer Foods. Some of you may shop there and may I just say what a fine comestible selection they have. However, we were having decisions issues and ended up leaving with a frozen pizza 6 very large Jalapenos and two blocks of cheese.

A long cold walk home we had. And then discussed the different strategic ways to hold together a jalapeno filled with cheese. So last night for dinner we made homemade jalapeno poppers, frozen pizza and had champagne. A dinner fit for kings!

The fried jalapenos were unfortunately not very good, albeit edible, but not delicious. Though through this endeavor we learned how to make them better the next time. Much like the way the students at Peter's school learn through trial and error. This intrinsic motivation to do and make and create things oneself is particularly satisfying. I wasn't upset that my jalapeno poppers didn't taste good I was excited that next time I make them they will be 10 times better because I saw and experienced what mistakes I made. And having dinner with a perfect husband is not half bad either.








No comments:

Post a Comment