Wednesday, April 25, 2012

So.....Over a month. I'm officially the most non-prolific blog writer of the century. Lots has happened in the past month but I'm deciding to skip over it all and start fresh.

I'm submitting a short story to The Texas Observer this weekend. Hopefully it will win and be published in their  magazine. It's called Archway to Adulthood so we'll see. My concern is that I feel it is a bit immature but Peter assures me that, that doesn't matter. Also we are planning to go Kayaking this weekend out in the 'Burbs. Fun stuff for sure. Other than that I just wanted to pop in and say hi and let all of my avid followers (Dad and Josie) know that I haven't given up the blog, only been a bit distracted.

I feel that this blog doesn't have a very good focus but so far I kind of like the diary style as I have nothing else in my life that I write with such abandon carelessness. I needed a free space to just let out junk I suppose. Chicago is dreary today and that's always great in the spring time. I nice over cast rainy day to make you really appreciate the sunshine. I'll let you all know the outcome of my submission when I hear something but expect to see more from me on these pages as well. Ta ta for now.

2 comments:

  1. Focus? That was a 1970s primitive prog rock band from Holland or some where that had electric yodeling wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed your blog. :) glad to see you writing in it again.

    ReplyDelete