Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Spring has Sprung

I do believe I can officially say that spring is here. Although I fear once this post goes out to the internet we will get a foot of snow dumped on us. I am contented to know I made it through one of the harsher winters in Chicago's history. Peter told me that it was kind of like Canadian winter a few days this season so I feel I could probably take on the great white north and survive through at least one cold season. Yesterday we broke 60 degrees and finally all the built up ice on the sidewalks melted. Today is a bit chiller but at least it's going to get above 50. It's interesting after such a wintry few months 50 degrees almost feels warm. I'm also very proud to announce that I only missed 10 days biking this winter. That I feel is a much bigger accomplishment. The coldest temperature I biked in this frosty climate was -5 degrees F. That's -20 in C which makes me seem more like a badass! Expect to see a lot more outdoor and backyard exploits as the weather warms.

No comments:

Post a Comment