Saturday, September 8, 2012

Happy Bruce Day!

Yesterday I completed my first week as school staff. It was just as fantastic as I expected but more to come on that later. I have been so busy this week I haven't been able to document how much fun Peter and I had last weekend with my Aunts, Uncles, and cousins.

My cousin Caitlyn is playing volleyball for UT Arlington and they had a tournament this past weekend at UIC. Her parents John and Mari decided to use the long weekend and come visit and go to her tournament as did my other Aunt and Uncle, Margaret and Kevin. They brought there two little girls, who are both young enough to be my children, Grayson and Addison. It's amazing actually I have cousins that are 24 and 27 years younger than me. 

Caitlyn, being a freshman, didn't get much playing time but it was fun watching and rooting for her team. When she did get in to play she dominated serving and made quite a few good "digs" I think they are called. 

Here she is smacking the ball mid-air to sail across the court for a perfect serve.



I love playing tour guide when people come to town. Saturday morning we all met at an Irish bar at 8:30 to try and watch Notre Dame play, Kevin's Alma Mater, the game was being broadcast live from Dublin. Unfortunately the bar we chose to go to would not allow the little girls in because and I quote "It's a liability for us with all these crazy college kids."

So, forgoing the spectating, we went to brunch around the corner, at Brunch, and then headed to Caitlyn's game. After the morning game John, Mari, Peter and I went to Navy Pier where there was a advertising promotion happening for Orville Redenbacher. John really wanted a pair of the glasses they were giving away but to get them we had to be recorded performing a "talent". There were basketball's to be spun, pins to juggle, a ventriloquism dummy, hula hoops, bongos, and many more items. The four of us signed the rights to our video away and commenced to make idiots of ourselves for 30 seconds BUT it was worth it as you can see.


They gave us bow ties as well. 

Saturday evening we watched another one of Caitlyn's games and then all went out to dinner. Sunday morning we got up and went with Margaret, Kevin, and the girls to the aquarium. Then we all met for lunch at Pizano's and Mari and John had to leave town. Sunday evening Peter and I made dinner for Kev, Marg and the girls and it was a very lovely visit. All in all it was a fantastic weekend and I thank all of my family for coming to Chicago.

Tonight Peter and I are going to see one of the greatest musicians of all time, THE BOSS. This will be my second time to see Bruce but it will be Peter's first so expect a full report soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment