Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Cheddar, apple, bacon pie anyone?



It's better late than never to let you know that our Thanksgiving celebration was a huge success. Above is a photo of the delicious cheddar, bacon, apple pie that Peter made. If anyone would like to request one of these we need 48 hours notice. It's quite the process but oh so tasty! Also below is a photo of Ian and Lana producing some pre-dinner entertainment.


Unfortunately, per the usual, I did not remember to take any group photos once everyone arrived. Also Peter and I went on Friday evening after Thanksgiving to see the one and only Leonard Cohen. He was incredible. You know he's 7 years older than Bob Dylan and I saw Dylan perform 10 years ago and Leo's show was about 30 times better. He played for nearly 4 hours and can still hit notes that I didn't know were humanly possible. Unfortunately no photography allowed in the theater where we saw him but he's not much to look at these days, being 78 and all. Peter and I also celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary this past Monday....WOOHOO! So forgive me being a bit pre-occupied to write much these last few weeks. I'll be making up for it soon.



Here is a photo of the fridge before we started dinner. As you can see the lovely, definitely flightless, Norbert in the bottom left corner. This is after injection but before sauna. I inject my bird even though I don't deep fry. I find that it keeps the meat very succulent and tender. Also this year I incorporated a new thing I heard about via food network legend, Micheal Symon. I covered the bird with a marinated cheese cloth. Basically it's like basting it without all the harm of open the oven every 30 minutes. All in all a delicious meal and a great time had by all. Below is a photo of some fancy cocktail that our in house mixologist, Fancy Pete, was whipping up.    


From Left to Right: 
Bernice, Craig, Rob, Me and Peter



No comments:

Post a Comment