Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Getting the Kid out

Today is the last day ever of my twenties. It's a little scary as I recall being 15 and thinking 30 was SO old! It doesn't feel so old although I am still recovering from a long weekend in Detroit with my friends Kabir and Jason. Whew, do they know how to have a good time or what?

Kabir, Peter and I left after work Friday evening and drove to The D arriving a little after midnight. As we haven't seen our friend Jason in nearly three months we stayed up until 3 in the morning catching up.  Saturday we went to the Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix on Belle Isle. Car races are LOUD and I have had trouble all week hearing my darling little Adlyn over the buzzing in my ears.

After the time at the track we went out to dinner and then bowling. I did not lose but also did not win. I believe Kabir was the big winner with 97 points. We certainly are not good bowlers by any means but we had nice time.

Below is a photo of us Saturday morning at a dive bar/restaurant in downtown Detroit called Grand Trunk. I should never had left that place without a shirt. They had cool ass shirts.


I will have to ask Kabir to forward the best photos which were taken at the track. They had a "Family Fun Center" there with at least 12 different adult sized bouncing castle type structures. My eyes lit up when I saw the three story tall inflatable great white shark slide. Jason and I ran to the end of the line being the tallest and oldest ones within a twelve foot radius we asked if adults were allowed.  The teenage carnie told us yes with a not so subtle roll of his eyes. We shrieked with excitement! There are a few photos of us coming out of the mouth of the beast at the bottom of the slide.

We also partook in an inflatable obstacle course wherein a child cut in line in front of me and his parents let him. When I protested his mother stared hard at me and said "You're not a parent?"

"Nope!" I beamed with pride and I pointed to Jason and said "Me and this guy are gonna race!"

She couldn't get her son out of my way fast enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment