Monday, November 11, 2013

Weekend Adventures Abound

Peter and I were at two amazing events this weekend. Friday night was a charity fundraiser for the Ronald McDonald House called "Rock the House". Thanks to John Tulloch for his donation of our tickets to go. Peter's sister Claire and her boyfriend Craig were in attendance as well and the whole evening was buckets of fun. They had a live band, food, and of course booze but I would have to say the most fun for me was the people watching. Our crew was quite young, comparatively speaking. Watching a bunch of older people get drunk and kind of crazy in the crowded arena of a bar is always enjoyable. I would say the purpose of the event was a major success as they stated they had raised over $150,000. If you would like to learn more about the charity please check out this link: http://rmhccni.org/pageslurie-ph/

Saturday we attended the Big Buck Hunter World Championship. If you have never played this game you should! We made it to the Big Buck Hunter facebook page, so basically we are famous. If you send $10 and a self addressed stamped envelope we will send you autographed photos. Unfortunately Peter and I neither have the time or money to qualify to participate in this event. We did make friends with some of the competitors, which totaled 64, and one guy told us that during the qualifying time (1 month) he was playing 5 hours a day, 5 days a week. We had hoped to qualify next year but after hearing that I think I'll pass. I love Big Buck Hunter but after playing a few rounds my shoulders start to hurt and my neck gets really stiff. I'm sure it's nothing compared to the pain real hunters push through to assassinate their prey. There were a number of people there from the U.P. (upper peninsula of MI) that had real coyote skins and were wearing them as hats. Also spoke to one of them in line for the bathroom and he said plain and simple "Well when a coyote gets in the chickens you gotta kill it. We made a nice stew with this one and you wouldn't want to waste a beautiful coat. Gotta use everything ya know?" Yep! I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment