Friday, November 1, 2013

My First Halloween

Last night Peter and I gave out candy on our front porch. This is the first time in my entire life that I have been able to give out candy from my own home. For those readers that don't know I grew up in a very rural area and trick or treaters were not common. It was very exhilarating. Giving out fistfuls of sugar to vampires and batmen. Speaking of batmen, they were plentiful but the best batman costume of the evening was an old school dark greyish blue batman worn by a 2 year old boy. It had the fake foamy muscles built into the suit and looked as if it may have been the father's costume 25 years ago.  Peter and I dressed in our tried and true pirate costumes. When you have fancy pirate hats pretty much anything can be a pirate costume.

Now it's on to planning for my favorite holiday! THANKSGIVING! Look forward to photos of a deep fried turkey and a Thanksgiving sized pit fire in the backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment