Thursday, February 27, 2014

Post New Orleans Blues

The week before last Peter and I went down to New Orleans to celebrate my parent's 25th wedding anniversary! Way to go parental units!



Here is the happy couple. Their anniversary is actually the end of July but that time of year in the south is pretty unbearable. I appreciate them thinking of us Northern dwellers and realizing extreme heat is not our ideal environment.

We saw some really incredible bands and I cut a rug a time or two.






The woman I'm dancing with in this video is 78 years young and still gots it!


We also played mini golf in City Park which is the 6th largest and 7th most visited park in all of the United States. See those short sleeves? Yeah that happened!


Needless to say it was hard to come home to single digit temperatures and 11 hour work days but what's been more difficult is I have for the first time in my life contracted seasonal depression. I'm an outdoorsy kind of woman and I need my natural time in the elements to maintain proper sanity and happiness. Let's hope this weather breaks soon. Perhaps I'll head back to NOLA for one of these bad boys!


A few more shots of our wonderful adventures and then I'm off to the races. 



What races? You may ask. Why the Chiditarod http://www.chiditarod.org/ is Saturday and Peter, I, and some friends are participating. Please come cheer us on and help me chase off these deep winter doldrums.

2 comments:

  1. That was not me playing mini golf. I never play mini golf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt & I are dying to go to NOLA and now I am super jealous!

    ReplyDelete