Monday, March 3, 2014

V-DAY

I'm sure the statute of limitations for talking about your valentine's day clearly runs out at the end of Feb. But I'm going for it anyway. Peter and I spent the most EPIC v day ever in NOLA. We woke up and had brunch at the best place to get bloody marys in the city. Funny after three bloody marys (the waiter refused to serve us any less forcing us to take  one to go which we did not finish) with brunch I don't remember what it was called. Then I had to make a stop off and call cupid and wish him a happy V DAY and extend my thanks of course. You may notice in the photo I'm using a pay phone as ethereal calling rates are outrageous with my plan. Fortunately you can call any realm with a pay phone as they are quite simple machines.


Next Peter and I sauntered over to the Insectarium. Yep folks you heard me right, a museum for insects. I love bugs; they are fascinating. This particular museum is where I first discovered my favorite bug the mole cricket a few years ago. After museum exploits we headed to Bourbon St. to see if any valentine crazies were about. For those of you who have never been to the big easy this is the street where all the action happens. And by all the action I mean the lewd conduct and vomiting. Unfortunately or fortunately, however you wish to see things, we were not witness to any expelature of bodily fluids but we did see two young ladies walking around topless with hearts painted over their boobies. A very happy valentine's day was being had by the older gentleman(?) that was having his picture taken with them. We wandered down to Jackson Square to see if anything fun was happening down that way and met a nice magician from Winnipeg Canada. Holler back all you Pegians! Peter lived in Winnipeg for a time, right after college and before coming to Chicago, so we had a nice chat with that cavalier from the great white north. Then it was onward to our dinner reservations. As we were a bit delinquent in making our appointment for our day of love the reso was for 4 p.m. Yes we were the youngest people in the restaurant by a significant margin but it was still a fantastic meal. We spent the remainder of the evening wandering through the quarter listening to really great music. I was allowed to sit in on the washboard with one group. 


It was an amazing time and I look forward to many more memorable Valentine's Days with my fantastic husband!

2 comments:

  1. Happy V day. Glad the old people did not ruin your meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great way to spend your Vday!!

    ReplyDelete