Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler

This past Saturday Peter and I hosted our 1st Annual Crawfish Boil. Only a few eaters in attendance which is fine by me as that means more mudbugs for me. Next year my parents said they may join us.


The first batch! We ordered 20 lbs from Louisiana Crawfish Company and they were delivered via Fedex over night! It was quite incredible that we didn't have more than about 20 die on us. I cooked them in 2 batches of 10 lbs each.

The weight of that bucket is almost too much for me to bear but I'm grinning through it.


Many thanks to Candace (pictured above) who helped me sift through and pick out all the dead ones. She doesn't eat crawfish but she was mighty helpful during the boil.


Our package also came with this lovely t-shrit and I can't advertise for this company enough. Customer service was exceptional and the cost was very affordable.


Renee giving one crawdad a very warm welcome to Chicago.


When you party with the PK we do it up right! My father was very impressed that for the first time in his life he got to hear the words chandelier and crawfish in the same sentence. Hopefully next year some of my readers will join us.

1 comment:

  1. OMG I have never eaten one but I need to just give it a try! Looks like a fun time though!

    ReplyDelete