Monday, February 6, 2012

A Change of Name

Today my first officious document of my name change arrived. My social security card. Peter and I discussed at great length whether I should change my name or not. We even thought about coming up with a whole new name and both changing our names but in the end it seemed easiest to just change mine. We would have been Mr. and Mrs. Fantastic by the way!
  "Have you met my husband Peter Fantastic?"

I am going to miss my last name. Of course I will still publish under my maiden name so you will not see the name change on this blog. However all official documents and financial institutions will now know me as Katherine Tulloch. It's weird. I have started to practice writing my new name. It helps that there is the same number of letters and three of them even the same letters in the same location. I welcome the change but it will take some getting used to.

1 comment: