Wednesday, October 23, 2013

A Helluva Show

Last night Peter and I trekked up to Evanston to see Brad Mehldau at Space. I really wish that venue weren't an hour and a half away because they have some amazing acts and incredible acoustics. The start of the show was a little rough as we think it was off the cuff. When jazz pianist go improv things can get a tad screwy but as the show went forward he got into a nice rhythm. This is Peter's third time seeing Mr. Mehldau and my first. I was not expecting so much free form synth sound but it was enjoyable. Like jazz music for robots. Here is a photo made with my phone and no flash as is the requirement of the Space.



1 comment:

  1. Is he English? You do know that the guy who gave synths to the English will be right there in Hell next to the guy who gave whiskey to the Indians.

    ReplyDelete