Tuesday, January 14, 2014

After the thaw

As I'm sure most of the country now knows we were experiencing what is referred to as the polar vortex. Peter and I made it through and here are some photos of our backyard.



After all was said and done we had about 4 feet of snow piled high back there. I did at one point try to shovel it but I gave up after about a foot more dropped. Prior to this freak of climate change we celebrated the new year. A friend of ours had a lovely 20s themed New Year's party and Peter and I easily had the best costumes there. You can view those beauties on Facebook. Life is pretty sweet in the chilly midwest if I do say so myself. 

Now that my fingers are thawed I have entered a Mac and Cheese cooking contest this weekend. Held at 1pm at Emporium Arcade Bar in Chicago. If you are in the area please stop by and cheer me on. Peter and my team name is "We're bringing Sexy Mac." 

1 comment: