Monday, January 27, 2014

Return of THE POLAR VORTEX

Tomorrow is supposed to be -15...ick. Send all your warm thoughts to Chicago. Unfortunately I'm not manly enough to brave riding my bike in weather that cold. Mostly because I don't have the correct gear for it. I've been enjoying the chilly weather but I do feel for people who may be experiencing their first Chicago winter this season. Namely the two little ones I care for. They will be far to young to remember but this winter is definitely one of the coldest Chicago has ever seen.

Peter and I went sledding this past weekend and we walked on the frozen pond in Humboldt Park. I wanted to ice skate on it but it freezes all weird and craggy (I'm told by my Canadian husband that's not fun for ice skating) and therefore we were only able to walk across. Perhaps this weekend will be nice enough temps to get down town for some Millennium Park Adventures. I've only been ice skating once this season and that is NOT enough.

For those of you in warmer climates enjoy the out of doors with me in mind and I'll try to channel those fuzzy feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment