Sunday, July 8, 2012

81 degrees and LOVIN' IT!

Earlier this week it was sweltering. I know for many of you Texas readers you are sneering at the screen right now but it WAS hot! Today it is fantastic and sunny with a  high of 81 and my legs are not sticking to my computer chair as I type. I moved away from Texas to get out of the heat and this week reminded me of just how awful it can be. Our 4th of July was fun, albeit plagued with triple digits, but exciting. Peter and I went to our friend Scott's apartment and watched the fireworks from the 4th floor 360 patio.  If you have never been in Chicago on the fourth of July it's a site worthy of the history books. For miles all you see is fireworks going off all over the city. Every neighborhood is ablaze with a rainbow of flashes and booms. I'm usually not much for fireworks but seeing a city of 6 million people all going bananas is pretty bad ass. Happy   Birthdays are to be extended to not only the nation but also my Grandma Bessie who turned 88 on the 2nd, my niece Coraline who turned 2 on the 6th, and my sister Mary who will be 21 (HOLLA) on the 10th. Hugs and kisses to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment