Thursday, July 12, 2012

Update

I have to retract my comment about shoddy police work. We did have two very nice police officers stop by our apartment to discuss the problem with our neighborhood drunk. However this was after I wrote to our Alderman. Alderpersons are basically city council members and the one that represents our neighborhood is Rey Colon. His last name has one of those fancy accent thingies over the second O but I don't know how to make them so no it's not Rey COLON like your bowels. I wrote him a very dramatic email via the powers of the internet and he responded by forwarding my feelings to the Police Commander of our district. SHE, which I LOVE that it's a woman, then sent two police officers over to our apartment to discuss the matter with us. The police officers were very helpful and friendly (although they did show up when I was in the shower). They explained to us that the problem, which I was already fully aware of, is that the storefront beneath our apartment "employs" the man to do odd jobs like lift heavy boxes. However, now that they have a specific complaint and incident to site they can and DID speak to the store about him. So far I have not seen him since our police visited and the dreck has not been collecting on our stoop as it used to either. If he does return (which I'm sure he will) we have a detailed plan of attack with the police force. I am happy and feel confident that we will eradicate this vermin from our front door. The rat, on the other hand, my have set up permanent shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment