Sunday, July 1, 2012

Shoddy Policing 'Round These Parts

I'm sure many of you know of our stoop dweller. I speak of him often usually in the form of a complaint. He has struck and this time it's personal. Yesterday afternoon our friend Wyatt came over to our place. We locked his bike inside the back gate of our parking lot where Peter and I lock our bikes everyday. The drunken menace happened to be sitting in the grass getting stoned with another foul friend of his. He made a few slurry comments and we headed inside. It got late and Wyatt stayed over in our guest bedroom and this morning his bike was gone. The iron fence that it was locked to had been cut and I assume it was a two man job hauling the bike up over the gate. Wyatt has filed a police report and I have called the police just this evening when I heard him yelling downstairs. The police have rolled by in their SUV twice now and told him to leave the corner but alas he is still there and yelling. If anyone has any advice on what we can do I would be all to happy too hear it. Also if you would keep your eyes open for Wyatt's bike he's offering a reward for anyone that turns it over. Here's the info: http://chicago.stolenbike.org/node/192756

No comments:

Post a Comment