Saturday, June 30, 2012

The Parental Units

Last weekend my parents paid a visit to us here in our fair city of Chicago. It was an enterprising trip. We kicked off the weekend with a little honky tonkin' at the Empty Bottle followed by what I like to refer to as taco hopping. In Wicker Park there are three taco joints within a mile of one another (you get the idea).

Saturday you would have found us wandering the streets of China Town, eating dim sum and calling an ambulance for an old woman who collapsed in the street. My Dad, ever the PTA, helped her to the curb while I dialed 911. I hope she's OK. That evening we journeyed to Wrigleyville to see two friends of mine from Austin called Loves It! perform at Uncommon Ground. It was a nice private show where unfortunately we were the only patrons but I LOVE Loves It!

Sunday my parents attended mass at St. Sylvester's and I still can't think of that name without thinking in my head I thought a thaw a putty tat.  After mass we all went to the Logan Square farmer's market and purchased some food for our dinner. We caught a matinee in the mid afternoon heat. Warning to all who come visit us in the summer we only  have A/C in the bedrooms for sleeping at night so most likely on the hottest of days we will visit the movie theater. I also heard that a good place to go for some free A/C is hotel lobbies but I bet I would get kicked out for sitting around in my underwear; it's dark in movie theater you can get away with more.

Monday morning my parents and I sans Peter went on the river architecture tour of downtown. We certainly picked the perfect day for it. It was sunny and not too hot and not too cold. We rounded out the weekend with "music in the park" at Millennium Park that afternoon.

All in all it was a fantastic weekend with beautiful weather and great company. Some of us got a little tuckered out on the trains.


1 comment: