Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Olive Oil and Chocolate

Our second day cycling was much harder and much hotter. We did 50 miles which was the furthest I biked in one day all week. We went to a small town with a thriving olive oil business. Peter and I bought a bottle but still have yet to crack it open. We also had an olive oil tasting which was fantastic. The cute woman running the shop cut up pieces of bread with scissors (I'll never slice a loaf again) and then drizzled them with different types of olive oil all made on the premises.


Peter said this lady is the Spanish version of my mom and he's not too far off. Charming and unique she was, yet also boisterous. She had these chocolate shells that she filled with olive oil and sprinkled in salt. It was an explosion of flavor in your mouth.


Also congrats to Peter's sister Claire who got a job offer on this day and accepted via email! And I got to chat with my parents on Skype from the square in Prades late that evening. That was quite the surreal experience.


From Left Peter, Bernice (Mom), Ian (Brother), Lana (Ian's Fiance), ME!, Rob (Brother), and Claire. John Peter's Dad is taking the photo...Again many thanks John!



1 comment:

  1. "Chat with my parents...quite the surreal experience." Can I use that on my resume, my web site or any other place where I need to tip folks about what is really going on...

    ReplyDelete