Friday, June 1, 2012

More Spanish Adventures

Prades is a tiny town tucked away in the foot of the Pyrenees Mountains. Here is a photo of the first afternoon we arrived having beers in the square.



First day out and we cycled 32 miles through vineyards and olive orchards to a town called Poblet where a beautiful Abbey stood.







At lunch that day I tasted the most delicious sausage of my life. The restaurant was in a town I don't recall and unfortunately I don't know the name of the establishment either but the owner and chef was the most adorable man. He lived in the states for a while and so his English was quite good. As I spoke the most Spanish of the group I was deemed the official translator. My Spanish improved impressively over the course of the trip and I feel like if we had been there another month I would have been nearly fluent. Restaurants are hard however because most of the menus are in Catalan, which is a strange combination of French and Spanish. I do want to let everyone know the gentleman that provided this tour has made a thriving business out of taking small groups on these biking excursions. His website is http://www.lemonastere.com/ and if you are interested in this type of trip please contact him. All photos today were taken by Peter's Dad John....Thanks John!

 Frog humping is very popular in Spain!

No comments:

Post a Comment