Saturday, June 23, 2012

Wrapping up our Spain Adventures

Day three cycling was definitely my best performance of the trip.  There were not so many huge up and downs this day. It was more of a steady small rolling up and downs. Total distance on the bike was 40 miles and we ended in the day with a swim in a lake. It was cold but refreshing.



Here's a photo of the group on day three sans Me as I am taking the photo.

Day four we took the day off from cycling and visited the Mediterranean. We swam and ate seafood by the marina. The water was not as cold as I was expecting but Lana (Ian's finance) did get a bit beat up by the waves.




Day five was too windy for biking so we were forced to take another day off (Darn!). But we went hiking up to an old dilapidated hermitage. After which we went to a wine tasting and I had some of the best Rose I've ever tasted. I usually don't like pink wines but this one was impressive. Peter and I bought three bottles of it to bring back home and we have already drank all of them.




The last day of cycling I wasn't feeling very well so I only biked the morning. But it was a beautiful day as it had been the whole trip.

That concludes our wonderful trip to Spain. Thanks again to John and Bernice for taking us. Now get ready to hear all about Summering in CHI-TOWN!

No comments:

Post a Comment