Friday, October 19, 2012

Rough and tumble weekend in the deep south

This past weekend Peter and I visited my family in East Texas, where the Mitt Romney signs are plentiful and the light beer flows like milk and honey.

We had a fantastic time with my parents and both my younger brother and sister made it into town as well as my older sister with husband and baby in tow. She's pregnant again with baby number two, a boy, and here is a photo of Coraline telling how it's gonna be when the baby comes.



Peter is in the background discussing how much he enjoys shooting guns. As you can see below we had some target practice on Saturday morning and it was Peter's first time to shoot a gun. He was quite good I must admit. It must be all that Big Buck Hunter.


Saturday evening was wrapped up with a visit to the carnival in Nacogdoches with my little sister and her roommates. I didn't realize how much I don't enjoy carnival rides anymore. I guess it's part of getting older. I'm scared that the cars are going to fly off their hinges and my cut rate insurance will put me in the poor house and make it impossible for me to ever afford buying a home. These things never would have occurred to me 10 or even 5 years ago. Saturday afternoon before the death trap scene we had a little jam session on the porch. 

As you can see Coraline has taken up the groupie position she intends to spend most of her twenties in. Drink in hand front row of the show. She's definitely born into the right family for music lovin'!  We even got in a visit with my Grandpa Bill and Grandma Geneva on Sunday night before we left town at 4am Monday morning. This coming weekend we will be spending some time with Peter's family, in the suburbs, I don't think they let you shoot guns out there but I'm sure we will have a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment